11 Jan In 2015 are you thinking about Home Renovation? Before you start see what you need to do
If you have decided to renovate your home then make sure you talk to the experts who can give
you practical suggestions. Only then you should start planning. Many times, most renovation
budgets are overrun because of the poor planning and understanding of associate costs. So find
out from the experts who can complete your renovation on time and within your budget. If you
do this at the start of your project, it will certainly pay off as the project progresses.
Here are some steps for renovation planning
- Check your current home for things such as structural issues, warning signs like cracking or rotting and termites.
- Write your renovation ideas and wish lists
- Familiarise yourself with building regulations
- Shortlist similar ideas and examples to those that you have.
- Look for someone to help with design and mapping out your renovation
- Find options of potential Builders you may look to work with
- Check your finances – if you don’t have enough then contact a Banker for further advice
- Understand the council approval and application process
- Decide whether to live in during renovation or move out during renovation
- Remember it’s your renovation get out of it what you intended for the best possible price and return
In any case, if you do your homework and plan right then you can get the best result. If you are not sure about costs, timeframes or design, then find professionals who can help you out with costings and planning.
Prime Building Brokers are here to help you achieve your dreams and goals. One of our representatives would be happy to run you through our free initial consultation to help get you on track building your next project.